Kindle edition of “Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir” is only $2.99 during February

Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir

The Kindle edition of my first book, Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir, is on sale for only $2.99 at Amazon for the month of February. Now’s a great time to buy a copy if you never got around to it before or if you only recently got an e-reader or if you just like buying things on sale.

(Sorry, Nook readers, I have no control over sale prices otherwise I’d give you guys a sale too.)

Edited to add: BTW, this is part of the monthly Amazon 100 promotion in which Amazon discounts 100 ebooks to $3.99 or less. There’s a good variety of books there, so you might find another good deal!

Post navigation
Later:
Earlier:
Home: Main blog index

Comments

1. JenFul says

I’ve kept about half of it off. I’ve regained more than I’d like, but I’m still significantly lighter than I used to be, so the success/failure of it all depends on your perspective.

Regardless of what my weight is or will be in the future, the book was always meant to be a memoir, not a how-to manual. As such, it will always stand as a snapshot of my memories of what it was like to gain a lot of weight and then lose it and how I felt about it all at that time in my life. Whatever experiences I have after the final page might shape the way I or my readers view those experiences, but they don’t lessen the truth of the story I had to tell at that time in my life.

2. JenFul says

@Natalie – Sorry, if I could have a Kobo sale I’d do that too! I’d also do a Sony Reader sale and every other ebook sale. Alas, it’s out of my hands!

3. says

Jennette, you lost almost 200 pounds and five years later, you’ve kept half of it off? WOW!! That’s impressive! Most people gain all of the weight back and more. Way to go, girl!!

4. says

Jen, bought the book. Half way through it. I understand. I have probably gained and lost the equivalent three people in my lifetime, and I am trying once again to lose probably 100.

Glad I bought your book.

5. says

When I saw you announced this on twitter I was so excited. I’ve now bought it so my falling apart hard copy can hang out on a bookshelf.

I love your humor it really brightens my day. I read your Chocolate and Vicodin book to keep my mind busy when I lost my grandpa and your humor helped me keep my mind busy and smile. I was really worried that I was going think myself into a headache reading that book.

6. Sue b says

Your book was on Pixel Ink today (Feb 12) !!! Well done! I hope you get a lot of respose and buys from it. You wrote a great book without any gimmicks. Just showing what the hard work it takes to change your body and life.

7. Jennette too says

We have many things in common besides just the name. I bought your book for the Kindle (on sale) and have really enjoyed it. You have inspired me to keep up the fight and make this a hobby for life instead of something I’m ashamed of. I’m down 25 lbs from my highest weight and have about 100 to go. Thanks for your honesty and humor. I think I’ll probably reread many parts of the book along the way. You are awesome and I’m not just saying it because you spell your name the right way!! LOL

8. JenFul says

@Melissa C. – Thanks for buying another copy of the book! I appreciate the support. I’m glad my other book was able to help you in some small way, and that it hopefully didn’t give you a headache :)

9. JenFul says

@Sue b – Thanks for letting me know about the Pixel Ink site!

@Jennette too – I’m glad someone else knows how to spell our name correctly :) Congrats on 25 lbs. down!

10. says

Grabbed the book in the promotion after coming across your blog. Great find I must say. Read through the book during my holiday. Love your style and humor. I’ve got a new bookmarked blog 😉

11. says

I’m embarrassed to say that I’m cheap and it took this sale for me to finally buy your book. It is awesome! There is so much to think about related to identity and self-image, etc, and I see you’ve covered it all so well — and it’s very funny at times. Thanks for sharing your story and your perspective. I’m in the process of losing weight now and it’s a crazy experience.

12. JenFul says

@FreeRange Pamela – Thanks for buying a copy! I appreciate the support. I’m glad you enjoyed the book. Good luck with the weight loss!

13. says

I bought this book during the sale and I have to tell you that I loved it! It was the most honest account of a weight loss journey that I’ve ever read. You captured things that I have felt but couldn’t express. Loved your writing style so much I ordered your next book right away!

14. JenFul says

@Emmy – I’m glad you enjoyed the book! I hope you like the next one as well. And thanks for buying a copy. I appreciate the support.

15. says

I got the book on kindle but alas I doesn’t get the sale price. Still it was a good read and I enjoyed it. I didn’t realize when I purchased the book that it sprang from your blog.I been writing one too to track my running. My reason for writing the blog offers more about keeping myself motivated than it is about anyone else actually reading it, but it is good to see that people might.

16. Michele says

I remembered seeing you interviewed on a morning show a long while back… then came across the Kindle deal and bought your book. Loved it! Just finished it today. And seriously, I couldn’t put it down. Thank you for intelligent writing. It’s few and far between these days.

17. JenFul says

@Brandon – Thanks for buying the book even if it wasn’t on sale! I appreciate the support. Good luck with your blog!

18. Abby C says

So glad I found your blog; I’ll have to check out your books. Just got my own iPad recently for my birthday and am looking for good books to put on my Kindle app. Too bad I couldn’t have gotten it a month earlier!